Fisheries surveys provide critical information on the status and health of our fish stocks. The data collected is used to assist the sustainable management of our marine resources. XOCEAN’s USVs provide a proven multi-sensor platform that greatly enhances fisheries data capture.
- Proven ability to provide high quality fisheries acoustic data.
- Low background noise, minimal disturbance to biomass during measurement.
- Realtime monitoring of data acquisition from single or multiple USVs from onshore control room.
Typical System Configuration
- Simrad EK80, 38 & 200kHz transducers.
- Echoview hydroacoustic software for onboard processing.
- Real time transmission of data to shore via satellite.
Records meteorological conditions during survey
Permits real-time data quality monitoring
Wave-piercing hulls provide stable sensor platform
8TB onboard capacity
High accuracy GPS/GNSS satellite positioning system
Vessel movement compensation
Flexible mounting for variety of fisheries echosounder heads
Hybrid powertrain featuring twin electric thrusters with low noise signature
High performance industrial processor running data